It’s the right time of the year to evaluate your SEOstrategy and examine the best ways to improve it during 2017. This doesn’t have to be a complicated process, though.
New year’s resolutions are not just about our personal goals, so it may be the ideal moment to focus on your business goals and seek for the best ways to boost your SEO presence to improve authority, value and ranking.
If you’re wondering how to start fixing your SEO for 2017, here are a few suggestions you might find useful.
As simple as it sounds, it’s important to create content that adds value, while it maintains its relevance for the target audience.
It’s not just about creating quality content, but also about knowing your audience, to the extent that the content is useful and has more chances to be ranked higher in the search results for the relevant queries.
Quick tips to add more value with your content:
- Examine your existing content and find the most popular topics
- Learn more about your audience and find the questions that you’re going to answer
- Find the best way to use combine timing and context, in a way that you’ll be able to beat your competitors
- Do not hesitate to expand your niche area, provided that you’re still useful for your target audience
Facilitate the browsing experience
User experience is critical to SEO, so it may be a good idea to test how it affects the traffic to your site.
In fact, user experience starts even before the user visits your site and according to Forrester, 93% of online experiences start with a search.
Thus, it’s important to proceed to the necessary tweaks that ensure a smooth visit:
- Test your site’s link and fix the broken links to minimise the error pages or the duplicate content
- Your content should be appealing both for users and search engines and thus, both readability and crawlability should be taken into consideration
- The navigation should help the user browse the pages without problems. From the menu structure to the link structure and the page’s design, even a slight detail may impact the user experience
- A page’s speed is crucial, so don’t forget testing it from time to time. From heavy images to unnecessary scripts, there is always a reason that your site gets slow.
- AMP may also be relevant to your site and Google seems to prefer the pages that start using it. Is it time to experiment with it?
Invest more time in your content
It was already clear from 2016 that search engines focus on the actual content rather than its optimisation.
There’s no need to spend more time on the optimisation if your content is not appealing enough for your audience.
Monitor the keywords, the site’s stats, the levels of engagement on each topic and find what users really expect from your page.
Are the topics and the structure appealing to your target audience?
Remember, the combination of seamless user experience with quality content can have a very positive impact on your SEO rankings.